Learn more about the work we do to improve vision health with partners statewide.
Children’s Vision Georgia
In conjunction with Maternal and Child Health in the Georgia Department of Public Health, Prevent Blindness Georgia has assembled Children’s Vision Georgia, a coalition of agencies and leaders in children’s health and education. This group examines the effectiveness of local efforts to promote children’s vision health and performs activities to support the goals of the National Center.
GA Vision 2020
Mission: A network of vision service providers collaborating to prevent blindness and visual impairment and helping Georgians achieve their full visual potential through health promotions and education, service delivery and advocacy.
Vision: A world in which no Georgian is needlessly blind or visually impaired and those with unavoidable vision loss can achieve their full potential through universal access to comprehensive eye care services.
- Health promotion and education
- Preventing visual impairment by raising awareness about the causes of vision loss, the need for screenings amongst at risk groups and promoting understanding of the individual, familial, social and emotional costs of vision loss.
- Service Delivery
- Working towards universal eye care for all by working together to improve access to eye care services and sharing resources.
- Preventing visual impairment by advocating, through legislation and corporate support, for comprehensive and affordable eye care services for all Georgians
- Prevent Blindness Georgia
- Atlanta Lions Club
- Center for the Visually Impaired
- Emory University Eye Center
- Georgia Eye Bank
- Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation
- Georgia Optometric Association
- Savannah Center for Blind & Low Vision